Youth Services Delivered by a highly skilled workforce and through fantastic facilities across both boroughs which include outdoor sports facilities, recording studios, skate parks, gyms, climbing walls, water sports, an outdoor activity centre and via our detached Youth Bus and street based work, the Youth Service is an amazing resources for young people aged 11+. Engagement with Youth Service provision is on a voluntary basis.
The Youth Service will:
- deliver an offer that is informed and designed by the needs of young people
- put young people first by providing them with the space and opportunity to explore their values, beliefs, ideas and issues to achieve their full potential
- ensure that young people’s views underpins all youth service delivery
- accredit, recognise and celebrate young people’s achievement during their engagement with the service
- offer flexible delivery through a range of engagements primarily focused around group work facilitation but also one to one work where appropriate
- support young people in their transition from specialist services to universal provision
- provide young people safe spaces and activities to explore their identity, experience decision making, increase their confidence, develop interpersonal skills and think through the consequences of their actions
- promote personal and social development and enable them to have a voice, influence and place in their communities and society as a whole
- build young people’s resilience and character and give them the confidence and life skills they need to live, learn, work and achieve
- work with other agencies to best support young people experiencing challenges
- deliver group and one-to-one work in youth centres and schools on issues relevant to young people such as emotional wellbeing, substance misuse, sexual health, attitudes to schooling
Contact us if you would like for information on local youth work activities on 020 8547 6920 or email us at the Youth Resilience Business Support Team: [email protected]
We are always looking for adults who are interested in giving their time to support our work through volunteering, if you are interested please email: [email protected] and ask for further details.
Visit one of our youth centres pages for up to date activities and events (opens a new window). If you are worried about a child or young person you can find More information on the Single Point of Access.