I am delighted to welcome you to the Young People’s Hub of Achieving for Children’s SEND Local Offer, a part of the AfC Info website.
If you are under 25 years of age, live in the Boroughs of Kingston or Richmond and have a disability, the Hub is an exciting and interactive space created and developed exclusively for you by other young people with additional needs. The Hub is split into three sections:
- Accessible Information: This is where you can discover important information, specially created in an easy read format, about a variety of services and support in your local area.
- Stories and Experiences: This contains a collection of many interesting stories and experiences that children and young people with additional needs would like to share with you.
- Messages and Views: This is where you can discover inspiring messages directly by children and young people with additional needs, who have created a variety of information to let you know about the important things that matter to them.
How can you get involved?
- We encourage you to share your own stories and experiences by clicking on ‘Get Involved’ on the left-hand menu.
- We encourage you to send your own questions to young people directly, about what it’s like to take part in the exciting opportunities in your local area, using the ‘Ask a Young Person’ form. Young people will then reply to you as soon as they can.
I hope you enjoy exploring the Hub!
Joe Fautley – Lead Young People’s Representative for AfC Communications and Media.
You can find out about my personal experiences of Autism by watching this short film (opens a page on this website)