The Family Support Team consists of Family Support Workers and Senior Family Support Workers. The team work across Richmond and Kingston. The team is part of the Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities (ISCD).
The role of the team is to:
- Support referred children and young people through named allocated staff case holding.
- Assess the needs of children and young people, identify and arrange services to meet those needs.
- Support children and young people to have the same opportunities as their non-disabled peers.
- Review and monitor services provided to families we support.
- Design, deliver and monitor support programmes such as behavioural management, reward systems or communication tools to assist children and families open to us.
Eligibility Criteria for this team
Child or young person:
- is eligible for support from the ISCD Social Work Team;
- has no current safeguarding concerns;
- is not looked after or leaving care;
- has no more than 24 overnights of care per year; and
- their package of care is stable or at a low level
DCT to FST transfers
This can take place after the Social Care assessment has been completed and if:
- There are no current safeguarding concerns
- There is a package of assessed need support in place
- The care package does not contain more than 24 overnights of respite in a year
Cases can transfer back to DCT should there be any new safeguarding concerns or significant changes which require a social work reassessment and oversight.
In some circumstances children not eligible for the Family Support Team can be referred by ISCD Social Workers for short term co-working to address particular issues such as behavioural management.
Caroline Cichorczyk (Jager)
Short Breaks Care and Family Support Team Manager
Phone: 020 8547 6069
The Moor Lane Centre, Moor Lane, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2AA