The Family Support Team (FST) consists of Family Support Workers and a Senior Family Support Worker. The team work across Richmond and Kingston. The team is part of the Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities (ISCD).
Who is in the FST?
- Caroline Cichorczyk (Jager): Team Manager, Short Breaks and Family Support
- Geraldine Burgess: Deputy Manager, Short Breaks and Family Support
- Rihannon Doyle: Senior Family Support Worker
- 6 x Family Support Workers
The role of the team is to:
- Support referred children and young people through named allocated staff case holding.
- Assess the needs of children and young people, identify and arrange services to meet those needs.
- Support children and young people to have the same opportunities as their non-disabled peers.
- Review and monitor services provided to families we support.
- Design, deliver and monitor support programmes such as behavioural management, reward systems or communication tools to assist children and families open to us.
Eligibility Criteria for this team
After a Social Care assessment has taken place the Disabled Children's Social Care Team would transfer/allocate cases to the Family Support Team if a child or young person:
- is eligible for support from the ISCD Social Work Team;
- has no current safeguarding concerns;
- is not looked after or leaving care;
- has no more than 24 overnights of care per year.
Cases can transfer back to DCT should there be any new safeguarding concerns or significant changes which require a social work reassessment and oversight.
In some circumstances, children can be referred by ISCD Social Workers to the Family Support Team for short term co-working to address particular issues such as behavioural management.
Caroline Cichorczyk (Jager)
Short Breaks Care and Family Support Team Manager
Phone: 020 8547 6069
The Moor Lane Centre, Moor Lane, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2AA