The key aims of the service will be to reduce the impact of speech, language , communication needs (SLCN) and eating and drinking and swallowing difficulties.
We aim to improve the child’s level of functioning by:
- Promoting awareness of children’s speech and language development and needs by working with parents/ carers and a wide range of other professionals to maximise the child’s communication environments
- Identifying, assessing and intervening early children who are experiencing speech, language and communication difficulties
- Providing appropriate and evidence based therapies that promote the development of age appropriate communication skills and,
- Providing specialist support to children and young people with complex learning difficulties and /or health needs
- Reducing the impact of eating and drinking and swallowing difficulties caused by medical, neurological or structural abnormalities
How to refer (opens a page on the Your Healthcare website)
Contact: Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service
Telephone: 020 8274 7814 or 020 8339 8074
Email: email@example.com Please note that our information governance requires us to inform you that email communication may not be secure.
Address: Hollyfield House, 22 Hollyfield Road, Surbiton, KT5 9AL