The role of the Disabled Children’s Nursing Team (Kingston) is to:
- Provide specialist nursing care, support and advice to families/carers in their own homes or respite centre.
- Provide nursing support and training to staff within Kingston's Special Schools.
- Provide training and support to mainstream schools to integrate disabled children where applicable.
- Ensure that care is safe, effective and evidence based.
- Teach families, children and carers the specific skills they need.
- Provide, maintain and monitor specialist health equipment for the caseload.
- Promote safeguarding in their everyday practice.
- Work closely with other professionals to ensure that the child/young person's holistic needs are met.
- Ensure that the child/young persons voice is heard during assessment, throughout treatments and by working with the Participation Team.
- Work with other professionals to aid in a smooth transition to adult services.
Referral to the team is through the Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities.
Please contact the Team Leader, Nicola Rocca for further details or with any queries:
Telephone: 020 8547 5746
Address: The Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities, The Moor Lane Centre, Moor Lane, Chessington, KT9 2AA