Early Years Support
Childcare providers in Kingston and Richmond providers are supported by the Early Years Service.
Inclusion and Improvement role
The key function of the Inclusion and Improvement (I&I) Adviser is to support providers on meeting their responsibilities under the SEND Code of Practice 2015.
I&I Advisers support a wider range of providers including day nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and out of school providers be across both Kingston and Richmond boroughs.
The role encompasses the following:
- Advice on inclusive practice and early identification* mainly at the early identification stage and at SEND support level.
- Advice for practitioners on interventions and strategies to support accelerated learning children for children at SEND support level
- Advice on writing IEPS and on how to plan targets from professional reports into planned teaching & learning and keeping the provision under review
- Advice on tracking progress for identified children
- Signposting to referral routes, specialist advice and support services etc. *this will not include formal observation, assessment or direct work a child but can offer advice and practitioner/SENCo support based on practitioner or SENCo observations and assessments made by the setting or in response to professional assessments or observations.
- Support for new providers up until their first Ofsted inspection
- Targeted support for settings that receive an ‘inadequate’ or requires improvement’ judgement at Ofsted inspection
Generic information and advice
E-mail and telephone contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 547 5215
Electric communications via the “Monday Update.”
- Leadership and Management /provider networks - keeping you informed of local and national updates
- Information, advice and guidance and resources for providers to download and use
- Generic Safeguarding*
- Critical incidents * Single Point of Access (SPA) is still the main point of contact for safeguarding advice, concerns about a child and/or allegations.
Face to face contact will be retained via
- Leadership and Management / Provider forums
- SENCo Networks
- Moderation and transition events
The Business and Administration team
The Business and Administration team within the Early Years service:
- advise providers who are considering setting up a new business
- help parents to access childcare places which meet their individual requirements
- offer accessible and helpful information for families relating to early education and childcare
- oversee the administration of the early education entitlement for two, three, four year olds
- ensure that both boroughs have enough high quality places for two, three, four year olds
- ensure compliance with the early years code of practice
Family Information Service
Our Family Information Service (FIS) gives free, impartial advice about childcare, early education, activities and support to parents.
Telephone: 020 8547 5215