There are various forms of financial help available to help families meet their childcare and other costs.
The type of help available is varied and dependent on your personal circumstances and age of your child but could include:
- Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit
- Tax-Free Childcare
- Disability Living Allowance
- Direct payments
- Salary sacrifice
- Childcare vouchers
- New Deal for Lone Parents
- Work Choice
- Discretionary Learner Support for students
- Care to Learn
- Childcare Grant
- Parents' Learning Allowance
You can find out about all these different schemes and whether you might be eligible on the government's Childcare Choices website.