Description of activity
Kingston Carers' Network (KCN) is the only organisation in the borough of Kingston upon Thames dedicated to providing a support service to carers. Our aim is to improve the lives of young and adult carers who provide unpaid care to someone who could not manage without their support due to illness, disability or frailty. We provide support, information and advice to carers, as well as a range of activities to improve physical and emotional well-being.
We offer carers a range of services including the following:
• Advice on a wide range of issues including benefits, allowances and carers’ rights
• Help to access benefits including appeals
• Advocacy to access services and support
• Emotional support
• Support groups and meetings
• Regular newsletters and bulletins
• Support to have your say
• Social activities and outings
• Consultation with carers
• Complementary therapies
• Wellbeing project to support carers looking for work, training or education opportunities
• Young Carers Project (see separate organisation entry for more details)
Kingston Carers network also offer the following specific groups ( see individual director entries for details)
• Carers’ Support Group
• Carers of Adults with Asperger's Syndrome
• Parents and Carers of Children and Young People with ADHD
• Mental Health Carers Support Group
• Parents and Carers of Children and Young People with Additional Needs
Organisation Contact Details
Address and Accessibility
Please enter any further details about your accessibility / specialist support
Travelling here by car:
There are a small number of parking bays outside the office (free for 30 minutes or 70p per hour, maximum stay is 2 hours). You must display a ticket for free parking. M&S Car Park in Tolworth Tower is a short walk away (free for 1 hour, £1 for 2 hours or £3 for 3 hours) and you must display a ticket for free parking. You may also be able to park in the surrounding residential streets.
Travelling here by bus:
There is a bus stop just outside the office and another on the opposite side of the road. The bus stop is called Princes Avenue and is served by the 265, 281, 406, 418,965 , K1 and K2.
Travelling here by train:
Tolworth Train Station is located half a mile away. Leave the station and turn left, walking towards the large roundabout. Take the underpass straight across the roundabout, coming out by Poundland. Continue straight and you will find the office on your left.