Description of activity
Kingston College is a large, further education (FE) college serving the south west London region, offering a wide range of subjects from Entry Level up to Level 4, as well as apprenticeships.
Supported Learning at Kingston College is based at Drapers Court centre next to the main college building in Kingston Hall Road, providing Entry Level courses for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
The provision gives opportunities for these young people to:
• develop skills to progress to further learning
• find employment
• learn to live independently
Kingston College and Carshalton College also deliver supported internships for students with learning difficulties and disabilities aged 16-24 years.
• Dedicated tutor support for both the internee and the employer.
• Personally designed around the desired and agreed progression route.
• Designed to enable young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to
achieve sustainable paid employment.
• The programme will include periods of time spent in a real work environment and
the training room.
• Maths and English embedded at the appropriate level.
• The opportunity to gain the appropriate qualification relevant to the chosen job