Description of activity
The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Specialist Nurses provide a specialist nursing service to anyone living with MS within the London Borough of Richmond.
The MS Specialist Nurses provide:
• Support, advice and information for patients who have recently been diagnosed with MS
• Ongoing support for patients with MS and their carers via telephone or direct contact
• Specialist nursing assessment and advice on the management of MS, working closely with therapy colleagues within the Community Neuro-Rehab Team
• Links between community and hospital services
• Case management for patients with complex needs
• Links to other services supporting people with MS, making referrals when required
• Education and training for health and social care professionals involved in MS.