Description of activity
This School Health Service provides specialist nursing advice and support to children, young people and their families whom attend a state school in the Richmond borough.
The service is delivered by Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH).
The School Health Service helps children and young people to develop the skills they need to manage the challenges they face in school, at home, in their personal lives or online.
The service focuses on:
• Supporting children at risk
• Supporting those experiencing emotional difficulties or mental health problems
• Weight management and obesity prevention (includes the National Child Measurement Programme)
• Building strong, supportive relationships with local schools
• Close working with GPs and other health services, the Council, Achieving for Children and the voluntary sector
Healthy Child Programme
The School Health Service also delivers the Healthy Child Programme, which focuses on:
• Safeguarding for children and young people
• Promoting the service to children, young people and their families
• Health assessments for children and young people at key transitional stages
• Working to reduce ‘risky’ behaviours (including alcohol and drug use) and improve sexual health and relationship education
• Developing a core personal, social, health education programme for schools
• Supporting children with long-term conditions
Looking for advice?
Visit the Health Matters website to get:
• Your questions answered by a school nurse
• Other health and wellbeing advice
• Information and support for young people
• Information for parents, carers and teachers
Organisation Contact Details
Address and Accessibility
Days and times of activity / opening
|Monday||From 08:30||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 08:30||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 08:30||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 08:30||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 08:30||To 17:00|
When is the activity or service available
How to access the service/activity
Description of Eligibility or Referral Criteria and Pathways (if applicable)
The School Nursing service is available for all children and young people attending a state school within the Richmond borough.
Children and young people are able to drop in to see their school nurse during their weekly drop in's at all secondary schools. Alternatively all professionals are able to make a referral to the school nurse.